Some info: THUNDER Revealing Image Detail Hidden in the Haze
, Overview PDF
The system is built on a fully automated, inverted Leica DMI8 microscope equipped with AFC (hardware autofocus control) and the objectives below.
- N PLAN 5 x / 0.12 Dry
- HC PL Fluotar 10 x / 0.32 Dry
- HC PL Fluotar 20 x / 0.40 Dry
- HC PL Fluotar 40 x / 0.60 Dry
- HC PL APO 63 x / 1.40 Oil
LED Excitation, Quad Filter Block (Dichroics/Filters) and Filter Wheel
Two multiband filter cubes are available (see below). The first is a quad filter set that uses an external filter-wheel to avoid crosstalk between different dyes. The second is a standard multiband filter cube for cyan, yellow, red and near infrared emission dyes).
|Quad Filter Block
||FITC, GFP, Alexa488
||Alexa568, Rhodamine, DsRed-2
||mCherry, Alexa594, Texas-Red
Motorized XY Stage ITK QUANTUM
For fast and precise sample positioning and mosaic/multiposition acquisitions (see specifications below). It is provided with several inserts to hold slides, plates and 96-multiwell plates.
- Travel range 122 x 82mmSpeed 500mm/sec
- Resolution 5 nm
- Reproducibility < 1 μm
- Accuracy < +/- 1 μm
Leica DFC9000 GTC sCMOS camera
- 4.2 MPixel
- Image sensor type: Front-illuminated scientific CMOS CIS2020A
- Shutter: Rolling shutter with global reset
- Pixel: chip of 2048x2048 pixels; 6.5 mm pixel size
- Speed of Acquisition: 50 fps (USB 3.0); 90 fps (Camera Link)
- Maximum quantum efficiency: 82% @580 nm
- Binning: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 8x8
- 12 bit and 16 bit digitalizers
UNO Stage-Top Incubator (OKO-LAB). Includes #H301-K stage incubator equipped with inserts for 2 petri dishes and 1 slide, universal multi-well plates, 12-well plates (and more). CO2 and humidity are regulated through the manual UNO-H-T-CO2 controller (OKO-LAB) equipped with an Air/CO2mixer, an air pump and a humidity module.
3 dedicated algorithms are available that remove out-of-focus light in real-time, thus providing fast optical sectioning capabilities:
- Instant Computational Clearing (ICC): Removal of background and out-of-focus light.
- Small Volume Computational Clearing (SVCC): ICC and deconvolution algorithm for thin samples (e.g. cells, yeast)
- Large Volume Computational clearing (LVCC): ICC and deconvolution algorithm for thick samples (e.g. tissue sections, embryos, organoids).
The software used is Leica LAS-X