There is a beta version of the LAS-X stage-applications available for the Widefield DM6 and Confocal SP8-DLS.
The LAS-X Stage Applications are for Advanced Tile Scanning and/or Mark & Find.
The main application is Tile Scanning with these advantages:
- Non Rectangle Tile Scanning
- Focus map (Manual or Automatic with interpolation)
- Multiple Tile Scans
- Spiral Scanning
The interface is completely new. We can show you how to use it.
Some tips for speeding up the tile scans on the SP8-SMD (still with the old tilescan) (with resonant scanner)
- Enable the resonant scanner at LAS-X startup (8KHz scanner) and set the Zoom to 1.25 (is max FOV)
- Enable Bidirectional scanning (use the Phase slider to align if necessary)
- Use the 2 HyD detectors if you have one or two labels
- Use line-sequential (or scan labels at the same time, if possible)
- Limit the line averaging (2x is for example 10% slower overall)
- Use a non-rectangular Tile-Scan (use the polygon tool to draw a region)
In short how to operate (please contact us for a demo):
- Set up the Scanner and Beampath etc. in the standard (non-tilescan) mode
- Start the Stage-Application (the button called is Overview). The new interface should now open.
- Optionally, choose a carrier (button on the left, low), for example “frosted slide”
- Click on Live view or double click, to make preview images
- You can zoom in and out with the mousewheel. Move by dragging with the right mouse button. Or use the buttons on the top for zooming.
- Look around by double clicking (or clicking in live mode) or do a spiral scan.
- Draw the region to scan. (Polygon etc..)
- Optionally mark focus points, and open the Focus-Map list. Set the Z-positions for every point.
- Click on Start, to start the Tile-Scan(s)