The SP8 Confocal Microscopes are heavily booked. Below the guidelines about the use and booking of the SP8 Confocal Microscopes.
- You can book at max 2 slots of 3 hours between 9:00 and 21:00 per week (max 2 weeks in advance), you are allowed to extend the morning session before 9:00 and the evening after 21:00. (For exceptions contact one of the operators)
- Use the blocks 9-12, 12-15, 15-18, 18-21.
- If you do not need the “standard” 3 hours, make the reservation shorter.
- If you are a frequent/experienced user, you can use the microscope also in the weekend.
- If you finish early please call a colleague or the person starting after you!
- If you are not able to come (in the case of a failed experiment, sickness, etc.), please delete your appointments.a.p. (and maybe inform a colleague who wants to do another experiment).
- Only book if you really know you will have good samples.
Also, be sure you really need the confocal microscope for your experiment.
- Do pilot experiments (testing of staining etc.) on a standard widefield microscope.
- Samples with sparse fluorescence can often just as well be imaged by a standard widefield microscope.
The operators will monitor the agenda. This means we for example will adjust slots that are too long and/or to many. We also now and then check if a person does show up.
Please follow these guidelines.